Sunday, August 12, 2007

Welcome to Graduate School, Professional School, and Seminary

It's going to be a busy year ahead of me - a realization that becomes more and more clear everyday I am at school. I finally found out the truth behind all the rumors about what the Fall semester is going to look like, so here it is....

Not all my major courses will be taught in Hebrew - only my Hebrew courses will be taught in Hebrew. I'll also take Rabbinics or Bible (one in the Fall, one in the Spring), History, Israel Seminar and Liturgy. I'll have a weekly Professional Forum that will address major Contemporary Issues within Reform Judaism and explore Life Cycle ceremonies. In addition, I'll be taking enrichment courses after the High Holidays in four, six week sections: Jewish Music, Torah Cantillation, Haftarah Cantillation, and High Holy Day Prep. I am going to be participating in the Community Choir on Tuesday nights (possibly as my 2-4 hr/wk community service requirement) and do a community service project (TBA, more in detail once I find out).

Classes will be long days...8:30-4:30 or 8:30-6....

I'm going to learn ALOT but will ENJOY every minute of it.

More to come once I find out more details on the Fall...

PJ

1 comment:

Doire said...

The ONLY way to survive such a schedule is to LOVE what you are doing. I think you'll be just fine, my friend.