Monday, June 25, 2007

I Don't Have Jet Lag...Really

Well, I made it to Israel safe and sound! Things went surprisingly smoothly - I arrived to Jerusalem last night at 8:00 and took and adventure to the supermarket (I've learned that the best way to figure out what you are buying without knowing Hebrew is to look at the box...if it's familiar, its good!), and wandered around to Ben Yehuda Street (a Market area that has a huge social scene at around midnight), and bought myself a nice birthday present: 2 kippot and a Star of David necklace. I didn't fall asleep until 2 am, but got about 5 hours of sleep.

This morning I went to HUC to check in and introduce myself and I already felt at home. I met the interns, fifth year rabbinical school students, who are here to help the class (53 of us) adjust to our new lives. Over the next few weeks there will be lots of events going on with them.

The good news: I am off to check out an apartment tomorrow :) Hopefully it will all work out. If it does, I'll have a place on July 2 and hopefully have my own place set up before orientation!

I'll update more later...I miss you all.

PJ

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey PJ! It's Harlee... my mom wanted me to hunt down your blog and tell you "Boy do we miss you and could we have used you on Sunday! We're still talking about you as a future Rabbi for us. So glad that things are going smoothly. It makes our chances of having you as our Rabbi somebody that much better. We love you and miss you. Keep blogging, we'll keep watching. "

and from me... take care... have a wonderful time... You're in Israel!!!!

Doire said...

PJ! I am so happy that you have been assigned to Cincinnati! Check off another dream realized. When you arrived in Israel, did you kiss the ground?

MiniJew89 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MiniJew89 said...

i can't believe i didn't talk to you before you left. time has been flying by and i have been crazy busy. i know, i know... no excuse... but anyways i am glad to hear that everything is marvelously falling into place for you in israel. hope to hear from you soon, oh and btw... hook me up with some freshmen classes/ professors to take in the fall. -Rache