Friday, June 22, 2007

Bon Voyage

Well, the moment has finally come for me to finish packing my bags and head to Israel. Two days from now I will have safely arrived in Jerusalem after an 11 hour, 45 minute plane flight from Atlanta, Georgia. It will be nice, though, to spend one last day with the family - we are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to relax over coffee at a spa about 45 minutes outside of Atlanta while my Dad receives a tennis lesson. We'll grab a bite to eat for lunch, and go to one of the nation's newest aquariums in Downtown Atlanta. I'll have my final meal with my parents and check in at the airport around 7. I am very fortunately to be travelling with one of my classmates' who is bringing his wife and daughter with him, and I will be staying with them until I find an apartment.

Classes and Orientation doesn't officially begin until July 10, but I will be quite busy -- searching for the apartment, buying random appliances for the apartment, exploring Israel, and participating in a variety of pre-orientation activities with my new classmates and future colleagues.

I'll likely not be able to update my blog until I have adapted to my surroundings and found an apartment, but I'm really excited for the adventure to come!

PJ

No comments: